Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Shift Manager for a large company based in Limerick
This is a Full Time Permanent position and a great opportunity to join a large team and gain a long term career
If you are looking for a role with Autonomy, Career Progression and the opportunity to drive a team well this one is certainly for you
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Warehousing, Logistics and FMCG and being a strong Leader
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and implementation of all internal activities within a state-of-the-art distribution centre serving the island of Ireland.
The idea candidate will be energetic candidates who are comfortable with developing and leading collaborative teams to drive performance in line with the company’s Purpose and Vision.
The role requires a candidate who will be:
Dynamic, energetic and flexible in approach.
You will be a Leader that can flex across inbound and outbound activities across the evening/night shift remit.
Hours of the role will be
5/7 5 Shifts
Sunday to Friday with weekend work with no shift Operating on a Saturday
- General management and overall leadership of a team of team leaders and colleagues across all warehouse activities in line with strategic KPIs.
- To contribute to, plan and execute the day to day operational strategy.
- Overall responsibility to ensure Inbound and Outbound team leaders are utilising and developing robust teams to ensure consistent long-term growth is achieved.
- To develop all colleagues through appropriate interventions, such as probationary reviews, appraisals, development plans and frequent and candid conversations in order to drive high performing individuals and teams.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of available data to ensure optimal warehouse layout and stock integrity is being achieved.
- Identify opportunities and implement initiatives for continuous improvements in ways of working, quality, consistency and effectiveness of process. To ensure housekeeping standards, and safe systems of work are met and maintained in line with Health & Safety at Work Regulations and local standards and act in line with Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Create an inclusive, engaged and collaborative culture where the role of each team member in the contribution to the organisational goals is understood.
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant management role in a high volume, technology driven, time sensitive operation.
- Experience within FMCG industry is advantageous
- Flexibility in working hours, days and shift patterns
- Confident and consistent communicator who has an ability to flex their style to ensure the message is understood
- Ability to interpret data and effectively apply outcome to the needs of the business
- Highly analytical and comfortable with technology
- Extremely organised and comfortable operating in a highly dynamic & fast paced environment
- Ability to delegate in line with setting the expectation, assigning responsibility and ensuring responsibility is taken by their team
- Is collaborative and confident to constructively challenge for the right result with an ability to influence peers & senior managers.
- Core Competencies:
- Understanding Your Customers – acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals. Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
- Flexibility & Adaptability – Demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people. Anticipates resistance to change and works to support effective change initiatives.
- Building Effective Relationships – Is a role model for maintaining constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries. Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
- Communication & Listening – Exceptional communication skills – writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settlings and style.
- Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are neither definitive nor restrictive and may change in detail from time-to-time to meet the changing needs of the business.
Benefits: include 20 days annual leave, pension 3% contributions, Life Cover, EAP, Staff Discount, Onsite Gym, Sick pay , Online Learning & Development Platform