Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Transport Supervisor /Planner for a large company based in D 22
This is an excellent opportunity and a Permanent position
This role will report in to the Transport Manager and will join the Planning Team with the responsibility of scheduling and the associated fleet movements.
The teams will operate extended hours across 5 days a week and will require the Transport Supervisor / Planner to operate a flexible working pattern in order to be available to the team as required.
- Complete the day-to-day planning and scheduling of collection and transport movements. Circa 150 team members.
- Ensure planning for effective utilisation of resources in line with collections.
- Liaise with Transport Manager and Operations Team to update on service and scheduling issues.
- Monitor collection timings and driver locations to ensure the smooth operation of service.
- Be a point of contact for drivers on the road in relation to routes, collections or customer issues.
- Liaise with the Transport Manager & Maintenance team on off-road vehicles ensuring accurate planning.
- Adhere to budgets in relation to costs as advised re: hours, agency etc.
- Communicate effectively to drivers regarding their working schedules and routes.
- Provide first class customer service, leading by example and assist in communicating standards to the driver team.
- Ensure driver hours are in compliance with Working Time Act and taking action to amend as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of driver clock information in relation to working hours on the Time and Attendance System, feeding information across to payroll.
- We are an ambitious, passionate and engaging company therefore ensure our teams are ambassadors for the company we work on behalf of.
- We always demonstrate high customer service, a desire to exceed expectations and to be considered the best at what we do. The suitable candidate should embrace and display these qualities to meet our brand values and be part of our incredible team.
- Understand the job description acts as a guide to the duties and responsibilities and is not exhaustive.
Qualification / Other requirements
- Essential – fluent Romanian and English – other languages desirable.
- Essential – minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in a similar role / industry.
- Highly organised with demonstratable planning abilities.
- Be self-motivated and reliable.
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent communication / telephone skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge of Dublin.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and adaptable to an ever changing environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and team work skills a must.
- We are looking for someone that is professional in their approach, highly customer focused and dynamic to join the team for this new and exciting opportunity.
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Ability and flexibility to perform all other job-related and ad-hoc duties as required.
- Employee assistance program