Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Transport Performance and Compliance Manager for a large company based in D 22
This is a full time Permanent position and a great opportunity to join a fantastic team
Reporting to the Logistics Manger, this position will oversee all Performance and Compliance Management for all 3rd party contractors, drivers and agency drivers within the business
- Coach and enable consistent implementation of Transportation Safety practices and methods in conformance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., Driver Qualification, Hours of Service, vehicle maintenance checks, Drug & Alcohol policy, tachograph monitoring, etc.)
- Support transportation strategy via developing plans and implementation requirements for compliance in waste collection, shipping and movement
- Work collaboratively and transparently with senior leadership, legal and policy teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities and transportation compliance priorities
- Develop in partnership with other departments and deliver training programs for transportation staff to ensure that they understand and comply with relevant regulations, laws, and policies
- Leverage existing fleet compliance and safety technology, and ensure systems are kept up to date and support regulatory compliance and improve our safety outcomes.
- Own key safety and compliance projects that support strategic direction with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Support accurate reporting of waste tonnage, waste streams and other waste related reporting as necessary
- Conduct audits and inspections of transportation operations to ensure compliance with regulations, laws, and policies
- Consult with local Transport Leaders, Risk Management, Legal, and Fleet Management on vehicle-related collisions and associated liability claims as needed
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, such as regulatory agencies and industry groups, to ensure that the organization is aligned with industry standards and best practices
- Ongoing development and lead for the Driver Academy
- Partner with Human Resources team to ensure our driver records are maintained and comply with any new requirements, and ensure any new drivers are onboarded with the correct requirements and paperwork
- Coach, mentor, advise and support Operations Department employees with regulatory compliance issues.
- Effectively communicate with vendors, maintenance, and internal cross-functional departments regarding upkeep of vehicles and ongoing maintenance costs
Experience, Skills & Education:
- Expertise and knowledge in the waste industry an advantage
- Expertise and knowledge of Transportation rules and regulations
- Proficient working knowledge and hands-on experience with compliance
- Experience working with compliance reporting and dashboards
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft programs and reporting suites
Join a business that has a proven track record for training and development, internal promotion and progressing team members to the next stage of their career.
- Career development and training opportunities
- Very Competitive salary
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent