Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Transport Manager for a large company based in D 22
This is a permanent oppetunity a chance to build a long term career with an amazing company
The main activity of this is to manage operations through active involvement in the day to day running of the transport department.
The ideal candidate will have a Transport Manager background and can speak Romanian language
To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety, to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Ensure service and profitability levels are developed / maintained in accordance with departmental targets / budgets.
- Motivate / guide your team to achieve targets and to work to its full potential.
- Ensure legislative and regulatory compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within all statutory requirements.
- Impart knowledge, procedures and legal requirements to team through coaching and training, as needed.
- Prioritise key tasks and workload to achieve best results with available resources within the department.
- Ensure all relevant administrative procedures are followed and completed accurately according to deadlines.
- Answer all queries, complaints and solve operational problems as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Identify and report to management on the departments needs and requirements.
- Develop business by focusing on customer maintenance; desk quotations, and support to Sales, so as to help maximise sales and profit.
- Ensure company and customer requirements are fulfilled as per SOP’s.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the company in order to improve knowledge and relationships.
- Identify, fulfil and review training and development needs of all team members within the department, through the formal appraisal process and on an ongoing basis.
- Understand the job description acts as a guide to the duties and responsibilities and is not exhaustive.
Qualification / Other requirements
- Essential – fluent Romanian and English – other languages desirable.
- Essential – minimum of 5 years’ previous experience at supervisory level in a similar role / industry.
- An advantage – experience using Transport Management Systems and valid National C.P.C.
- Ability to support and motivate a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent communication / telephone skills.
- Good geographical knowledge of Dublin.
- Sound administrative skills; proficient in Microsoft Word / Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload with Project management experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and team work skills a must.
- Ability and flexibility to perform all other job-related and ad-hoc duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee assistance program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday