Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Technical Engineer for a large company based in Carlow
This is an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
Location: Carlow/Ireland (Hybrid/Remote working)
Role Description and Skills:
The Technical Engineer will be responsible for developing innovative solutions that meet the requirements and needs of customers. Reporting to the Engineering and Innovation department Manager, the Technical Engineer will be responsible for continuous portfolio review to maximise revenue.
Candidates should have previous experience gained within site design environment, including areas such as developing detailed design drawings and calculations, specification writing and compiling technical schedules. The role may involve travelling to client offices, offices and conferences to represent the company
The skills required to support these duties include excellent communication and report writing skills, attention to detail and technical knowledge.
This position requires at least 1 year of experience in a consultant/client facing role within the telecommunications industry.
The role will involve:
- Track and update projects across the client’s operations
- Assist in creating and updating tower specifications
- Review and analyse equipment installation requirements across the tower portfolio
- Work with the clients’ H&S department advising them of risks and solutions to mitigate
- Carry out quality control checks on tower maintenance documentation
- Create innovative and cost saving solutions
- Provide technical advice to clients
- Liaise with design and projects team
- Provide data and technical input to Technical Lead
- Develop project data reporting structures and formats
- Work with the Innovation team to develop new products/services in line with industry demand and strategy
- Adhere to all quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Engineering qualification Structural/Civil/Mechanical
- 1-3 years of experience in a consultant/client facing role within the telecommunications industry preferred
- A high level of competency in Math and English required
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to provide simple and effective solutions to problems
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Commercial awareness and aptitude