Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Shipping Port Agent for a large company based in Dublin Port
You will be working within a busy Port Agency Dept. in Dublin Port.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strongly motivated candidate who is looking to develop a long-term career in the shipping and maritime sector with good career progression and advancement possibilities within the Group.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team to manage all aspects of ship’s port calls handled under the Shipping Agency.
This is an exciting, diverse and hands-on role that would suit a motivated individual interested in a challenging and demanding role.
The primary duties and responsibilities include: –
- Liaising and communicating with Ship Owners, Brokers, Charterers, Shippers, Receivers, Port Authorities, Officials, Stevedores and other Port Service Suppliers.
- Coordinating all aspects of a port call from booking berths, arranging vessels inward / outward clearance, ordering labour / cranes / transport for loading/unloading vessels etc.
- Inputting, retrieving and reporting of data using computerised systems, ensuring accuracy and appropriate presentation style.
- Boarding vessels and dealing with Ship’s Masters/Crew.
- Action operational and technical requests from Vessels/Vessel Owners/Vessel Charterer.
- Sourcing/Procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Bidding for new business and issuing final invoice for all expenses incurred during a port call.
- Any other duties the Management may from time to time deem necessary and reasonably require.
To succeed in this role, you will be required to:
- adapt to changing shipping patterns and priorities, learn to expect the unexpected, pro-actively problem solve and maintain strong lines of communication.
- work effectively in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and able to adapt to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
- demonstrate good planning, organising and numeric skills, and an excellent attention to detail.
- be motivated to achieve the highest standards of performance and customer support, maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Full Clean Driving License.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Good communication is key for this role.
- Computer literate with well-developed IT skills across the Microsoft suite.
Port Agency experience is not required, training will be provided.
Basic working hours are 0800 to 1700 hrs Monday to Friday; however, the position will also require working as part of a rota system to support early mornings, late nights and weekend operations.