Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Shipping Operations Administrator for a large shipping company based in Co Cork
The ideal candidate will have an interest in Customs, or the Shipping industry and Shipping experience
Immediate start !
Monday to Friday 9 to 5 pm
Telephone experience or working on reception would be a must as the main duty would be filtering calls and administration duties within the team.
Reporting directly to the MD the role holder’s duties will be to provide full time support to a busy operations team.
Training will be provided in relation to the current systems and team operation
The main responsibilities of this role are to assist the Team and Export/Import Key Accounts along with operations planning, general administrative duties, and delivering an excellent customer experience and working in a fast paced environment
The candidate will mainly be screening Customer calls and dealing with Haulier queries, data imputing, filtering calls and so on
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To complete the day-to-day processing of import manifests and bookings in line with
company policy and procedures.
- To provide excellent customer service to our customers by responding to customer
enquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner
- To meet the operational day to day delivery needs of our customers in the most cost
efficient and effective manner
- Interest of Customs Clearance and how it works is important
- Responsible for ensuring that files are managed accordingly, and that billing and
costing are input and processed as per company procedures and time frames.
- Responsible for keeping the customer fully informed on order progression and any deviations, exceptions or changes that may arise from time to time.
- Communicating with other departments as well as external parties to agree discrepancies raised by our agents.
- To display and promote a positive work environment through respecting & supporting work colleagues in the completion of all duties as directed
- Comply fully with the defined operating procedures (SOP’s) and processes
- Comply fully with the administration duties inclusive of investigating, sourcing, processing, and inputting into reports or other reports as requested in a timely and efficient manner
- Support resources through effectively resolving service-related issues and/or queries while proactively reviewing the most effective approach
- Support all continuous improvement initiatives including cross departmental projects through proactive engagement
- Proactively support and fully comply with the Companies Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous office administration experience in an extremely fast paced environment with several team members.
- Knowledge of the shipping industry plus experience would be an advantage
- Good Communications skills with proven work performance results
- Exposure to working to KPI’s and the deliverance of same
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Good level of numeracy, literacy and Microsoft Office skills
- Highly proficient on Excel and Reports
- Professional and focused approach with a high level of attention to detail
- Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures around tight timelines
- Customer focussed with desire for strive for excellence
- Positive can do and highly ambitious approach
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional Communication skills
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
Reference ID: Impulse Shipping
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent