Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Office Administrator( Part Time ) for a large company based in D 2
This is a FTC for 1 year with then the possibility of permanent part time contract thereafter
The Senior Office Administrator will work part time which is a part-time 3-day week
The Senior Office Administrator will report to the Executive Director and regularly collaborate with the Board of Directors.
The following is not an exhaustive list of duties
The candidate is expected to work with and co-operate with the Executive Director and other members of staff in the on-going development of the company’s research.
The Administrator will be expected to exercise initiative, have a flexible approach to work and be prepared, within reason, to undertake other varied tasks, as needed.
Core duties of the Senior Office Administrator
- Responsible for and/or to provide a range of senior administrative services to the management team, including but not exclusively, recording incoming and outgoing correspondence, sending outgoing correspondence (including a weekly newsletter), maintaining office diaries, organising events, appointments and meetings, and making travel arrangements.
- Assist with Governance and Compliance administration duties for the Board and Executive Director.
- Provision of general support and assistance to the Executive Director, including arranging meetings, the preparation of draft minutes and distribution of the agenda and papers of Board and subcommittee meetings, as directed.
- Maintaining files electronically and in hard copy where needed. This includes administration duties for Salesforce CRM.
- Maintain records of information on membership of the board of directors, sub committees and external networking groups.
- Assist in the preparation and editing of documents and to arrange for their publication, as appropriate.
- Assist in the organisation and running of conferences, seminars, workshops and other events and assist with the fundraising department when required.
- Assist the Executive Director with Human Resources administrative tasks.
- Assist in the preparation of funding applications, including reviewing and presentation and project support for Public Education Projects.
- To undertake additional responsibilities for general running and upkeep of the office (e.g., managing and reporting petty cash, liaising with the accountant, dealing with the property agents, organising repairs, cleaners and so on.)
- Act as delegated health and safety officer for the organisation.
- Candidates should have at least three to five solid year’s relevant experience in senior level office administration.
- They should possess sound judgement, integrity, and flexibility as part of their work ethic. Be pro-active in ensuring effective communication in meetings, deadlines, and project requirements at the company.
- Excellent record of attendance, punctuality, and reliability.
- Excellent interpersonal, typing, administrative, organisational and IT skills, including an excellent working knowledge of the MS Office 365 suite of programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to provide content assistance for the website and social media platforms.
- Experience of event planning and management would be a distinct advantage.
- Genuine interest in the area of social development and equality in Ireland and Europe.
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM software.
- Governance and Compliance experience working with the Charities Regulator.
- Desktop publishing and social media platform use.
- Good general knowledge of the Irish political landscape.
- Graphic design and report editing skills – such as Canva.
Terms and Conditions
Tenure: The appointment will be for a fixed term of one year with the possibility of an extension to a permanent part time position.
Probation: A 6-month probationary period will apply. Satisfactory completion of a 3-month review, and of the 6-month probationary review is a condition of continued employment in the position.
Annual Leave: The employee is entitled to 25 days annual. However, three of these days leave must be reserved for the Christmas and New Year closedown period.