Impulse Recruitment are seeking a Senior Customs Manager for a large company based in Dublin
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career with support from other members of the senior management team.
Overseeing the company’s compliance in adhering AEO Customs formalities is a core responsibility and critical success factor in this role.
Having people management experience, a strong Customs regulatory understanding and the ability to interpret these changes and update the policies and procedures of the business to comply is important. Leadership is also a key component in this role, supporting and mentoring your direct reports and technical leadership to the wider operations team and business.
Developing new commercial opportunities in the customs department is also a requirement for this role.
The Customs manager will be responsible for the management of the team and Customs department
Senior Experience in Customs and Managing a team will be needed for the role
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Management of Agents currently employed.
• Provide Customs subject matter expertise support to teams.
• Practical support in the preparation and submission of more complex declarations.
• Assign resourcing and training in maintaining capability to complete transactions as required by services and customers.
• Review Customs transactions in the system and Customs billing reconciliation month.
• Completing and validating Customs compliant documentation.
• Updating internal system regarding Customs related matters. (AEO)
• Oversee Customs Compliance by maintaining and update a system of control governance.
• Liaising with carriers & customers for shipping information & documentation.
• Support the operations team in gathering information on other customs related subject.
• Support in reconciliation of monthly Duty deferment account.
• Build relationship with Customs platform software providers ensuring operating environment is always the latest version.
• Develop KPI set to measure Customs clearance performance and benchmark against best-in class peer group.
• Creating invoices for month end billing for customers.
• Complete reporting customer & Revenue.
• Interface with Carriers and Information providers to ensure all required information is received.
• Provide completed Customs documentation to Customer.
• Assist in Customer documentation testing where applicable.
• Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis, when/if required.
• Ensure a succession plan within your team that supports personal development and career progression for your team.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years in a Freight Forwarding Customs team.
• Strong experience in Team development is an must.
• Excellent organisational skills and capable of working at a fast pace
• Strong PC Skills such as Excel / Word & PowerPoint.
• Excellent level of English Oral and Written is required.
• Professional and focused approach with a high level to attention and detail.
• Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures in tight timelines.
• Customer focused with desire to always strive for excellence.
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude and highly ambitious approach.
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting.
• Exceptional Communication skills