Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Business Development / Senior Account Manager for a large company based in D 11 covering Dublin and Nationwide
This is a Permanent role and a great opportunity to join a fantastic company
The role would suit a person who is quite driven and has previous experience working in Sales within Business Development Account Managing and as a Manager
- To operate as a ‘Hunter’ identifying and securing sales from new customers with
a high value of sales potential. Working as part of a small team, to develop
opportunities from first contact through to successful transition to regular buying
customers of a wide range of Packaging Products.
- Understanding the market and competitive landscape of prospective and
existing customers, and target customers which fit with companies
operational benefits and can deliver win-win solutions.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of prospective customers, nurturing
throughout the customer lifecycle and ensuring activity and performance
is monitored to keep control of the account base.
- Ensure pro-active account planning across the pipeline, targeting activity
linked to the plans, opportunities, maximising sales and product
- Understand customer business models, objectives and how they derive
value from the supply chain in order to ensure the company are positioned to
deliver win-win solutions based on benefit to the customer, and not on
- Prioritise focus and activity to the relevant opportunity, utilising action
plans and pipeline preparation to ensure effective use of time.
- Lead negotiations with potential and existing customers to determine
price structures, contract terms and payment conditions in line with the
Commercial model and maximising benefits to both parties.
- Build strong relationships with Packaging teams, inside and commercial
buyers to ensure alignment and the ability for the organisation to deliver
exceptional customer experience.
- Actively utilise CRM within normal working practices, updating customer
contact in real time and clearly setting out action plans, calendar activity
and tasks to facilitate an exceptional customer experience.
- Operate as the face of the company delivering high quality presentations and
proposals through engagements with senior stakeholders , prospective and new customers.
- 3 KPI’s
1. Financial Margin generated by ‘new’ customers
2. Turnover generated by ‘new’ customers
3. Value of Financial Margin in Pipeline
4. Prospect Action Plans
5. Product Penetration
- 4 DIMENSIONS
Financial: Sales Turnover and Financial Margin responsibility for identified
People: Establish networks and relationships with internal teams.
Ability to develop and maintain relationships with external
businesses, including customers and suppliers.
Other: Extensive UK travel. Attend customer / supplier visits, occasional training courses and national sales meetings.
- 5 KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Sales process principles – including strong negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
Market, customers, competitors, suppliers and market trends.
Managing customer portfolio margin
Self-Management principles including delivering against
Consultative selling approach, with ability to understand Commercial environments of customers
PC literate with ability to utilise CRM in real-time, and undertake data analysis.
- Previous experience of working in a similar business development role, needing to generate new customer relationships.
- Experience engaging with senior leadership teams of large businesses, through presentation and tender processes.