Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Route Completion Planner for a large company based in D 22
This is a Full Time position and a great opportunity to join a large company
The Route Completion Planner will be responsible for coordinating and optimizing the daily logistics operations
This role requires a keen attention to detail, excellent IT skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to adapt to the dynamic nature of the waste industry.
- Develop and optimize delivery routes for the truck fleet to maximize efficiency and minimize collection times.
- Targeting 100% collection, with detailed plans for any missed or overlooked bins being collected.
- Consider traffic conditions, route schedules, and any other relevant factors to ensure on-time collections.
- Coordinate and schedule daily route activities, considering the urgency and specific requirements of waste collection. This is based on the R.A.G system.
- Collaborate with the Logistics team and drivers’ team to align route schedules to with the purpose of collecting repeat missed bins.
- Implementing scheduling plans – assigning drivers to routes in real time and ensuring that all critical collections are completed and rescheduled where necessary.
- Monitoring and tracking multiple collection teams.
- Liaise with drivers, helpers, logistic staff, and operations team to ensure smooth communication and address any issues that may arise during the route planning process.
- Act as a point of contact for drivers while they are on the road, providing support and updates as needed.
- Stay informed about relevant transportation regulations and compliance requirements in Dublin, Ireland.
- Ensure that all route planning adhere to safety and legal standards.
- Generate reports on route optimization, performance metrics, and cost analysis.
- Proactively address any issues that may arise during transportation, such as delays, route deviations, or equipment malfunctions.
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints related to collection and routing.
- Work collaboratively with the Customer service and Logistics teams to find effective, long-term solutions to challenges, that arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field.
- Previous experience in transport planning or logistics, preferably in the waste industry.
- Strong knowledge of Dublin’s road network and traffic patterns.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in using transportation management software and route optimization tools.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Competitive salary
- Holiday entitlement 20 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Free parking on site
- Training and Development – Support with continuous development
- Progression Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability