Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Officer for a large company based in Dublin 24
This is a Permanent position and a great opportunity to join a large company
The role of the Quality Assurance Officer is to work with the Quality Manager in maintaining Quality Control and HACCP Procedures on a daily basis.
• To help implement and maintain the HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety procedures.
• To manage and maintain the Quality Standards within the production area.
• To work with the various functions (Maintenance, production, dispatch, NPD etc…) to implement and maintain procedures and standards.
• To drive continuous quality improvement with in the factory.
• To work with the Shift Managers to implement corrective actions and identify root cause of problem to prevent any re-occurrence.
• To review all non-conforming raw material, work in process and finished product, carry out root cause analysis with a view of implementing corrective action and preventative action to ensure food safety and quality.
• To ensure that the traceability system is maintained and carry out traceability exercises (recalls and mass balance) to ensure compliance and authenticity.
• To ensure the allergen control plan is activated and monitored for compliance.
• To provide Induction training to all new employees, Basic Food Safety refresher training. Also provide training on all site procedures, policies and practices.
• To carry out due diligence checks on the process including:
o Glass Audits
o Hygiene/Cleaning Checks
o Temperature Inspections
o GMP Inspections
o Process Equipment calibration Checks.
o To work with the in house and external hygiene teams in maintaining the cleanliness of the factory and equipment.
o To liase with the laboratory (microbiological & chemical) collecting samples and collating the information to the lab. Analysing the reports to check compliance and following up with corrective action and preventative action to ensure food safety and quality if necessary.
o To work with the NPD Department bringing products from concept to launch in line with quality standards.
o Working with the warehouse team to make sure raw materials comply to the specs that is required at goods inwards.
o Ensure the requirements of the BRC standard and our various customer requirements are maintained and monitored.
o Complete customer specification requests and portals.
• Good communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Self-motivated with good attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure