Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger for a large company based in Dublin 12
This is an excellent opportunity and a Permanent role
This role offers a great opportunity for an ambitious and committed individual to join a company in a period of transition & growth and add value as part of the finance team.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller the success individual will manage all aspects of the purchase ledger as well as ensuring the related revenue returns are maintained and that the bank accounts are reconciled.
They will be working closely with the other members of the finance team as well as with the production team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
To succeed in this role, the individual will be expected to take control of the purchase ledger and manage all aspects of its administration.
Key areas identified to support this include:
- manage all current & new suppliers on our systems
- post all supplier invoices, credit notes & payments
- reconciling all active supplier accounts monthly, in preparation for the payment run
- post all non-supplier payments on a timely basis
- prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all active bank accounts
- assist with maintaining the fixed asset register and the company prepayments
- assist with the preparation & filing of the bi-monthly VAT returns
- help with the preparation & filing of the monthly Vies & Intrastat returns
- assist the Financial Controller with the day-to-day accounts & month end procedures
- provide assistance with the preparation of the year end audit file and to the auditors when on site
- assist with the administration of the stock system, ensuring all stock items invoiced are correctly receipted & priced, reporting discrepancies to the Financial Controller & Production Manager.
- ordering & monitoring of stationery requirements
- ad hoc reporting and projects as required by the Financial Controller
- provide back-up for the Credit Controller when required (e.g., holiday periods)
Skills & Experience:
- previous experience in the role
- strong IT skills with competent knowledge & understanding of Excel, MS Office & Sage (or similar accounting software)
- accounting qualification, diploma or accounting technicians
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- experience in general office environment
- ability to work on own initiative
This appointment will be on full time permanent basis with some future flexibility for an element of remote working available when it is suitable for both parties.
Career & Personal Training & Development – These needs will be identified, discussed with the successful candidate and funded by the company as is deemed appropriate.
Remuneration Package: to be discussed