Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager for a large company based in D 18
The role will support the business by implementing procurement policies and developing procedures to ensure the best goods and services are sourced to meet the organisations current and future business needs in the most cost-efficient manner.
The role will be based in D 18 but for the moment, while restrictions remain in place, it will be home based.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing an inventive and cost-effective procurement strategy. Ensure procurement practices are fully compliant with the strategy and develop reporting to demonstrate compliance.
- Source and negotiate with external suppliers to secure advantageous terms
- Approving purchase orders and organising and confirming delivery of goods and services
- Track and report key functional metrices to reduce expense and improve effectiveness
- Develop relationships with senior business clients to assess and advise on their current business requirements, future needs and expectations
- Put in place processes to audit supplier quality
- Provide robust reporting on procurement KPIs.
- Control spend and encourage a culture of long term saving throughout the business
- Review of margin across sites in all businesses.
- System reports. Improve, update and maintain
- Oversee and manage stock control
- Ad hoc costing and reporting requests throughout the business
- Examine and test all existing contracts with vendors and suppliers
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Oversee and manage the vendor assessment process and approved supplier list, ensuring all suppliers for UK and Ireland have up to date insurances and accreditations
- Procure new products, chemicals materials and consumables as per requirements of the business
- Source and scrutinise costings from subcontractors/suppliers for commercial tenders
- Management of Procurement department, and deputise for all duties for annual leave cover
Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in a similar role with proven results
- The ability to build solid relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Strong negotiation and networking capability
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques with a proven record of being capable of reading the market
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks