Impulse Recruitment are currently recruit for an Operations Planner for a large company based in North Dublin
This is a Permanent role and a great opportunity
The role holder’s duties will be to provide full time support to a busy operations team.
The main responsibilities of this role are to assist in one of our Import Key Accounts along with operations
planning, general administrative duties, and delivering an excellent customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide excellent customer service to our customers by responding to customer
enquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
• To meet the operational day to day delivery needs of our customers in the most cost
efficient and effective manner.
• Responsible for ensuring that files are managed accordingly, and that billing and costing
are input and processed as per company procedures and time frames.
• Responsible for keeping the customer fully informed on order progression and any
deviations, exceptions or changes that may arise from time to time.
• Communicating with other departments as well as external parties to agree
discrepancies raised by our agents.
• display and promote a positive work environment through respecting & supporting work
colleagues in the completion of all duties as directed.
• Comply fully with the defined operating procedures (SOP’s) and processes.
• Comply fully with the administration duties inclusive of investigating, sourcing,
processing, and inputting into reports or other reports as requested in a timely and
• Support resources through effectively resolving service-related issues and/or queries
while proactively reviewing the most effective approach.
• Support all continuous improvement initiatives including cross departmental projects
through proactive engagement.
• Proactively support and fully comply with the Companies Health and Safety policies and
• Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis when requested.
• Plan daily runs from UK to meet and exceed customers needs
• Liaise with colleagues to create synergies for round trip journeys
• Liaising with clients and sub-contractors
• Respond to changing customer demands seamlessly
• Responsible for communicating with customers and understanding customer
• Contactable before and after normal business hours if required
• Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a similar role (uk / European road freight planning
• Excellent communication and people skills
• IT proficiency
• Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
• Geographical knowledge of UK and Ireland
• Knowledge of customs clearance policies and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to speak and write in English fluently.
• Good level of numeracy, literacy, and Microsoft Office skills.
• 3-5 years similar experience preferential.
• Highly proficient on Excel and Reports.
• Previous office administration experience in an extremely fast paced.
• environment with several team members.
• Knowledge of the Logistics / Freight Industry would be a distinct advantage.
• Good Communications skills with proven work performance results.
• Exposure to working to KPI’s and the deliverance of same.
• Previous experience in route planning and finding solutions for part and full loads, working
as part of a highly experienced team.
• Professional and focussed approach with a high level to attention and detail.
• Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures around tight timelines.
• Customer focussed with desire for strive for excellence.
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude and highly ambitious approach.
• Ability to work as part of a team and act on own initiative.
• Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting.
• Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional Communication skills.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and
qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all
duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required
to do either now or in the future.