Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Oceans Administrator for a large company based in North Dublin
This is a Permanent position
Reporting directly to the Ocean Team Lead, this successful candidate will be responsible for
supporting the administration function for Sea Freight, within the Ocean operation. Duties will include
assisting with the overall Ocean Division’s requirements with documentation & paperwork, in an
effective and timely manner.
To succeed in this role, the successful candidate needs to have previous office administration
experience, ideally within a freight or logistics environment. Some knowledge of Ocean management
systems would be an advantage. Strong communication skills with excellent attention to detail are
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, organise and execute sea freight support activities such as order processing, order
scheduling, timely updating of transactions within the Ocean system.
• Deal with inbound emails, calls & queries liaising with customers and suppliers where
• Assist with KPI data and reporting updates and responsible for working on Imports & Exports.
• Receive files from the front office, print the documents and verify if received documentation
is complete depending on the shipment’s and client’s requirements. Any incomplete
documents need to be obtained from customer.
• Add or complete the shipment details on the SF Shipment.
• Upon receipt of the ANF the file is to be registered in both CRM & Stirling as per the
• Request the shipping line charges and send a delivery pre-alert to the transporter. File needs
to be sent to the operators and monitored for release.
• Monitor ETAs daily up update shipments where required.
• Imperative that dates are confirmed with Shipping Lines and Co-Loaders. Accuracy of
information provided is critical.
• Telephonic updates with customers on document requests for shipment status update.
• Assist with general administration tasks.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Industry relevant qualification desirable
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in a similar role
• Efficient MS Office skills
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
• Ambitious, energetic, focused, attentive to detail and career-driven
• Customer-focused and a friendly disposition
• Positively inclined towards change and personal development
• Positive ‘Will Do’ attitude
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Respectful of others
• Any other ad hoc duties required within Ocean Division from time to time
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this
position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might
be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.