Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Logistics & Transport Manager for a large company based in Ballymount
This is a Permanent role & an excellent opportunity to join a large company
As the Logistics Manager you will encourage and develop the team, this role will focus on managing and organising all aspects of the transport operation encompassing all tasks from when the order is placed with the sales team to when the orders are delivered to customers.
This is a customer focused business, and the ideal candidate needs to be a motivated and customer focused individual with the ability to work on their own initiative with strong leadership skills.
- Ensure that transport operations meet legal and customer compliance requirements. (RSA, NERA, Legal compliance, site risk assessments etc.)
- Implementation of an effective and timely communications with all principal stakeholders both internal and external to maximise positive relations and customer satisfaction
- Build the capability of the transport team to lead and drive continuous Improvement in line with strategic goals and objectives of the business.
- Keep accurate live logs of all work activity and employee issues
- Validate compliance with National and International Road haulage regulations.
- Drive the Health & Safety culture in the team.
- Build and Improve customer service approach within the team.
- Develop a balanced approach to driving performance within the team, review and develop KPI’s.
- Develop and create team-based structure within the transport department and other departments within the business.
- Lead and motivate all employees by managing and monitoring all employee matters such as job objectives, appraisals and reviews to best practice and agreed standards.
- Be responsible for the efficient and cost-effective operation of the fleet.
- Support and the lead the team to review and improve existing processes, ways of working
- Support the development of our driver training program
- Complete a monthly summary report of the transport departments performance and issue to the Senior Management team.
- Close monitoring of economic and environmental conditions to understand and react to risks and opportunities that may impact service or costs.
- Experience with Route and driver roster planning to drive efficiencies while meeting customer requirements and Complexity
- Strong track record of team leadership and development
- Haulage and logistics procurement experience essential
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good knowledge of the transport industry
- Facilitator/Problem solver
- Leader/Motivator of others
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Work well under pressure
- Aptitude to take ownership of improvement projects as required and to see them through to completion.
- 4+ year’s relevant experience.
- Strong communications (oral and written), influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
Hours of work
- 45 hours per week
- Monday to Friday