Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Logistics Planner for a large company based in Fermoy Co Cork
This is a Permanent position
This is an excellent opportunity to join a huge company and excel within your career
Summary of the role:
As part of a busy team you will be managing and controlling in & out bound tanks, reporting to the Country Manager.
Essential for the role will be a proven track record of working in a busy and just in time environment, with good knowledge of the intermodal transport industry.
The deal candidate will have strong transport planning skills and be able to carry out operational and administrative work.
The key skill areas are efficient planning, accurate data entry, record-keeping and reporting.
For this you will need a good knowledge of computerised planning systems.
You will also need the ability to deal with a variety of work challenges in a busy, fast moving department, often working unsupervised.
You must be confident and assertive with good interpersonal skills and be able to work under pressure and prioritise work, reacting to issues as they happen.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:30 with an hour for lunch
Essential: The successful individual will –
- Have appropriate logistics/planning experience.
- Live within a commutable distance away (60 minutes).
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Be proficient in IT, particularly Microsoft Office – Outlook and Excel.
- Have achieved a Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) with a H4 grade in both Maths and English (or equivalent) standard
- Have the ability to interpret data accordingly and to prioritise tasks in line with business needs.
- Be a team player who is able to work to individual and shared deadlines.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build effective working relationships.
Desirable: The successful individual will:
- Have working knowledge of Vista & Ortec
- Have access to your own transport.
- Have experience of working in the transport industry and transport planning.
- Have an understanding of Drivers’ Hours Regulations.
- Be CPC qualified or hold other transport industry qualifications.