Impulse Recruitment are recruiting for a Logistics Operations Manager for a large company based In North Dublin
This is an opportunity to really grow in your career and join a large company
To manage the operational flows of the logistics warehouse (and ancillary locations), with over 10,000 pallets in over 110,000 ft² of racked warehousing. To manage an operational team, ensuring orders are picked, packed, and processed for delivery in line with contractual customer lead times. To maintain and develop service levels to enhance continuous development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate all operational activities within the station’s logistics warehouses with multiple projects to meet deadlines and targets.
• Maintain good working practices while proactively identifying continuous improvements that will provide operational solutions and offer customers an enhanced service.
• Flexible and hands-on approach to prioritising duties and achieving deadlines.
• Oversee the inventory management for facility to include accuracy of inventory reporting through stock takes and cycle counting.
• Identify process gaps and implement efficiencies throughout the warehouse.
• Participate in tenders for new business, working with sales and commercial team to promote the logistics product.
• Onboarding of new customers efficiently, through system and operationally.
• Maximise the efficient use of system capabilities and identify and roll out new technologies to increase the effectiveness of the business.
• Maximise performance of the team for picking, put away, stock accuracy and productivity.
• Manage fulfilments and other projects as required by customers.
• Effective leadership and management of warehouse functions and teams.
• Lead team meetings and toolbox talks to ensure staff requirements and expectations are clear and effective
• Be responsible for all personnel within the team, including appraisals and performance management, as well as coaching and ongoing development.
• Management of rosters, holidays, attendance, and time keeping.
• Responsible for health and safety, environmental, quality and facility management of the logistics warehouses.
• Proven track record of successfully managing a large and diverse team in a fast paced and challenging industry.
• Ability to work on own initiative to get issues resolved.
• Ability to delegate responsibilities to the team, empowering them to resolve their own challenges.
• Excellent commercial acumen encompassing customer relationship management, business meetings and presentation skills.
• Strong relationship and account management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, commercially focused and driven.
• Experience working with standard industry IT systems such as WMS, Finance & Pos, and Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel.
• Strong problem-solving skills, while working in a fast-paced environment
• A good working knowledge of compliance and HR regulations.
• Flexible approach to working hours.