Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Logistics Department Manager for a large company based in Co Dublin
The role will be reporting to the Dublin Operations Manager and / or approved Company designate
This is an excellent role to really excel within your Logistics Career
Role and Hours
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, however flexibility is required depending
on the needs of the business.
To manage the customers storing stock in the facility (and ancillary locations), with over 10,000 pallets in over 110,000 ft² of racked warehousing.
To direct, manage and develop the contractual responsibilities and activities for these customers and support the daily operation, generate weekly reports, and complete monthly invoicing in line with customer expectation. To maintain and develop service levels to enhance continuous development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key customer management, developing relationships with existing and new customers, KPI reporting and performance management meetings.
• Develop relationships with existing and new customers to enable retention and growth via calls, meetings, and scheduled customer reviews.
• Participate in tenders for new business, working with sales and commercial team to promote the logistics product.
• Onboarding of new customers efficiently, through system and operationally.
• Creation and implementation of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
• Develop and generate KPI reports for use with existing and new customers.
• Responsible for P&L, with a view to growing it through new business and cost saving measures.
• Weekly and monthly invoicing in line with financial cut off times.
• Implementation of Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s) in line with customer requirements.
• Identify process gaps and implement efficiencies throughout the office.
• Maximise the efficient use of system capabilities and identifying and rolling out new technologies the increase the effectiveness of the business.
• Effective leadership and management of administration functions and teams.
• Full responsibility for all personnel within the team, including performance management tasks, employee appraisals, as well as coaching and ongoing development.
• Management of rosters, holidays, attendance, and time keeping.
• Ensure excellent customer service is always delivered.
• Represent the department at operational Health and Safety meetings / conference calls.
• Proactively liaise with customers, suppliers, and partners to ensure a high-quality service.
• Identify training needs of employees, develop, plan and rollout out training material (in conjunction with HR as required).
• Proven track record of successfully managing a large and diverse team in a fast paced and challenging industry.
• Ability to work on own initiative to get issues resolved.
• Ability to delegate responsibilities to your team, empowering them to resolve their own challenges.
• Very strong financial and administrative skills including building and successfully managing aggressive budgets and running a large P&L.
• Excellent commercial acumen encompassing customer relationship management, business meetings and presentation skills.
• Flexible and hands-on approach to prioritising duties and achieving deadlines.
• Strong relationship and account management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, commercial focused and driven.
• Experience working with standard industry IT systems such as WMS, Finance & Pos. MS Office especially Excel proficiency.
• Strong problem-solving skills while working in a fast-paced environment.
• A good working knowledge of compliance and HR regulations.
• Flexible approach to working hours.