Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Junior Health and Safety Officer for a large company based in Dublin 1.
The Role will be located in Dublin 1 and will come under the supervision of the HSEQ Manager.
The HSEQ Manager will be on site 1-2 days each week to provide guidance to the successful candidate.
- Assisting and supporting the sites teams on implementation of the EHS management system and maintaining compliance with legal EHS requirements.
- Delivering on continual improvement on existing ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 certification.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace
- Hold a relevant Health & Safety Qualification/Degree.
- Hold current Safe Pass, Manual Handling, Drivers licence and Covid-19 Cert
- 1 year + experience in a similar role within the construction sector.
- Proficient with IT including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.