Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a HR Manager for a large company based in Galway
This is an excellent role where you can grow within a large company and join an amazing team
The HR Manager will be involved with recruitment, training, career development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, industrial relations, employment law, compliance, disciplinary and grievance issues, redundancies, L & D.
The ideal candidate will have worked as a HR Manager within a large operation ideally within Retail or similar
This role will involve keeping up to date with areas such as employment law and all important policies across the Group
Duties will include
- Developing HR planning strategies with line managers by considering immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Advising on pay and other issues, including promotion and benefits; administer payroll and maintain staff records
- Interpreting and advising on employment legislation; develop and implement policies on a variety of workplace issues eg disciplinary procedures, absence management, working conditions, performance management and equal opportunities
- Listening to grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with line managers; planning and delivering training, including staff inductions.
- Recruitment with the Talent Acquisition Manager
- Onboarding working alongside the Talent Acquisition Manager
- Training and development (providing a career path) also known as an Employee Personal Development Plan (PDP) for those aspiring for progression
- Compensation and benefits (exploring the market to benchmark any package)
- Prepare budgets and targets for the H.R. operation
- Performance management (conducted with employees – monthly or quarterly or annually)
- Promoting Employer branding to foster a positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keep records of benefits plans and participation in such as insurance and pension plan, new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Setting and adhering to company values and mission
- Employee engagement (having an open-door policy where staff feel free to come in for a chat and where they can feel free to discuss any issues they might have)
- Advising management team on HR issues and changes to employment law
- Set out company hiring goals and objectives
- Plan and/or host workforce performance reviews and appraisals
- Advise and guide Team Leads and Managers on staff HR and performance issues
- Keep up to date with Employment Law regulations and any changes
- Ensure compliancy with rules and regulations
- Manage the company disciplinary procedures
- Design and implement company policies and procedures
- Develop and keep current the Employee Company Handbook