Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced HR Generalist to join a large company based in Galway.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the Head of Logistics, the HR Generalist will be responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day HR activities are completed to the highest standard and that all areas of the company are fully supported.
The role encompasses employee relations, recruitment, training & various people initiative projects. The successful candidate will have the ability to advise management on best practice and be able to analyse and report on major issues concerning the group.
This is a hands-on role with a heavy emphasis on driving positive culture, employee wellbeing and health and safety.
The role offers great exposure to change management, within a highly dynamic commercial organisation.
- Recruitment – Actively manage the recruitment process in line with business requirements to include supporting the development of job specs, advertising positions, interviews, and general administration.
- On-boarding – supporting the onboarding of new staff to include drafting contracts, reference checks, as well as being the point of contact for new starters.
- Employee Relations – carry out investigations, disciplinary, and grievance procedures as required.
- Working closely with the training department to ensure a positive onboarding experience for new starters
- Championing positive relations within the company.
- Acting as a referral point for employees on employee queries and escalating if appropriate.
- Absence Management: Monitor absence levels and ensure that all return to works are completed and short-term/long-term sickness is managed properly.
- Record keeping: Champion GDPR within the group and ensure that all relevant documents are stored correctly within the relevant employee’s file.
- Annual Leave: Ensuring that all supervisors/managers are acting proactively in relation to ensuring that annual leave is being managed throughout the year.
- Proactively providing advice and guidance on, and manage employee relations issues such as disciplinary and grievance, absence, performance management, and other key HR areas including recruitment, attrition, and restructuring.
- Supporting and championing change management and organisational design programmes.
- Responsibility for supporting the execution of HR strategies and programs that support the business.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Designing and driving improvements in HR Strategy, policies, and Procedures in line with best practice.
- Undertaking management development activities by coaching, influencing, and sharing knowledge to increase manager’s abilities to manage their teams.
- Be an effective and proactive contributor to the team.
- Accident at work: Ensure that managers complete all investigations fully to a high standard, with the root cause, pictures, and statements all completed.
- Ad hoc duties as required by the role.
- Results orientated.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Influencing and excellent relationship-building skills.
- Strong commercial outlook.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Change orientated.
- Strong Analytical and Reporting Skills.
- Willingness to adapt and learn.
Education & Experience
- 2-3 year’s relevant HR experience.
- Educated to a minimum of degree level, CIPD qualification is essential.
- Proficient working knowledge of all aspects of human resources, including but not limited to compensation and benefits, employee relations, employment law, leadership and talent management, training and HRM systems.
- Experience of working in a dynamic business, undergoing significant change is essential for the success of this role.
- A strong commercial mindset is imperative.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office.
- The ideal candidate will display energy and ambition to succeed and will be capable of building strong relationships both internally within the business and with external contacts.
- They will have the ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner with unquestionable integrity.
- Strong leadership & communication skills are essential as is the ability to work within a fluid, fast-paced environment. The person should have high levels of organisation skills, attention to detail, and be extremely process-driven.