Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager for a large company based in Wicklow
This is a Permanent position and a great time to join a large company
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is an exciting opportunity to lead and direct the safety agenda across the business.
- Overall responsibility for Health and Safety across the business.
- Collaborate with managers across the site to develop, implement and execute Health & Safety objectives & improvements.
- Carryout risk assessments and partner with relevant stakeholders such as Quality, Engineering and Operations departments with regards to H&S issues/concerns and address in a timely manner.
- Support functional managers and supervisors in planning and implementing site Health and Safety practices.
- Organize, prepare, and facilitate any external or internal site audit assessments.
- Ensuring all employees, contractors, third parties and visitors are compliant with H&S and Covid19 requirements of the site.
- Coordinate and support necessary permits, licenses, or permissions in compliance with Health and Safety legislative requirements.
- Identifying site H&S training needs and deliver training sessions for employees and management as required.
- Support managers with the investigation of H&S incidents/accidents at the site. Where necessary, leading the investigation process and/or collaborating with senior management on serious incidents; liaise with relevant authorities and bodies such as the Health & Safety Authority as required.
The ideal candidate will have or demonstrate:
- A relevant third level qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of H&S Legislation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in the food manufacturing sector is beneficial but not essential.
- Manual Handling Instructor and Forklift Instructor qualifications would be beneficial.