Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Head of Sales for a large company based in North Dublin
This key strategic role is to lead from the front and deliver the company’s ambitious sales growth targets across its full portfolio of services.
The objective is to both serve existing clients, through excellent customer service on current business and by developing new revenue streams, while also attracting significant additional business from new clients.
Managing and leading the sales function, you will ensure that it is positioned to maximize sales opportunities to ensure the business achieves its’ ambitious growth plans. As well as your own new business targets, you will also manage a team of Business Developers and indirectly manage a four-person Customer Services Team.
As a natural ambassador, you will enjoy working with clients to develop existing and new business and have a proven track record of doing so.
Duties and Responsibilities
To recruit, develop, manage and motivate a growing team of sales professionals, who will deliver a high standard of execution across all identified customers in relevant channels
. Devising sales team KPI’s, driving and coordinating the pace of execution.
Development and Implementation of Sales Strategy across the sales teams, whilst working closely with the operations and finance functions.
Establish and monitor performance-reporting systems around customer retention and customer banding and client visits.
To regularly report achievements versus budget & forecasts to the Senior Management Team. Engaging and proposing new sales development propositions.
Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
Propose and manage continuous training and assessment programmes for the total sales team.
• Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
• Own all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
• Establish the inbound-lead requirements needed to meet your sales objectives & provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development.
• Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally.
• Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
• Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads through networking.
• Maintain and grow relationships with international partners.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Previous experience of having responsibility of running a sales unit or region, preferably within a logistics or service-focused business, you will have proven success in achieving revenue and margin growth, with a keen focus on customer retention.
• Possess extensive knowledge of Operations principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
• Excellent communication skills combined with the intellectual capacity to sell the concept in a trustworthy, personable and professional manner.
• Resilience: demonstrating confidence in your own ability along with a positive approach.
• Leadership: willing to take the lead and make difficult decisions around people and new business.
• Good negotiation skills and ability to understand and implement acceptable levels of margin and financial risk.
• Thriving under pressure you will be capable of managing multiple priorities and working to critical deadlines and new business objectives.
• Hands-on management style and ability motivating wider operations and transport teams.
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
• Minimum 10 years of sales experience, with
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
• Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated experience in relationship management and strong commercial awareness.
• Positive, ‘can do’ attitude & ability to work as part of a team.
• Proficient IT & Presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work positively in an ever-changing environment.
For the candidate • Permanent contract • Very Competitive Salary: + generous commission structure from day one! • 21 days (Up to 2 additional days leave after 12 months) • Company Pension • Working Hours (08:30am to 5:30pm) with flexibility around hybrid working from home options after probationary period. • Positive working environment with a vibrant atmosphere