Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Head of HR Ireland & UK for a large company based in D 18 – ( HYBRID )
This is a full time Permanent busy position and a great opportunity to further your career with a fantastic company
We are looking for an experienced HR professional to take on this rewarding and challenging role. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Irish and UK employment law and will be able to handle the day to day challenges of managing a dynamic and busy HR Department with responsibility for almost 2500 employees in both Ireland and the UK.
The role will report to the Group Managing Director..
It is envisaged that this role will grow and has the potential to offer the successful candidate an opportunity to develop and ultimately assume the position of Head of People which is part of the Important Leadership Team.
This position is currently hybrid with a commitment to three days working in the office in D 18 and two days working from home.
This may change according to the needs of the business. This position will require travelling to any part of the island of Ireland and the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage all TUPE transfer processes both inward and outward
- Oversee the smooth running of the HR administration function
- Ensure that current employment laws are understood and observed
- Ensure that our sick leave policy is adhered to and that long term sick leave is managed compassionately and effectively in line with policy
- Complete accurate monthly management statistics reports
- Complete gender pay gap reports accurately and within required timeframes
- Ensure data protection regulations are observed
- Provide general HR related advise to the management and operational teams
- Ensure all staff receive appropriate developmental training
- Manage and oversee recruitment within the business including recruitment of operational managers and office employees
- Ensure that appraisals are completed and follow up action taken where developmental needs have been identified
- Ensure that all policies and employee handbooks are kept updated and circulated
Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
- At least five years’ experience in a HR role
- Strong knowledge and experience of the TUPE transfer process both inwards and outwards
- Comprehensive knowledge of Irish and UK Employment Law
- The ability to analyse and report on HR trends and statistics including the production of accurate annual pay gap reports
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal in fluent English
- Experience in making effective and timely decisions balancing the needs of the employee with the needs of the business
- Ability to gather and present information to management and employees
- Must have a valid clean full driving licence
- Strong people leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to develop the HR team and to support managers in the development of their teams