Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Group Business Development Manager / Account Manager for a large company based in D 15
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy operation and gain a long term career
Highly driven individual with extensive knowledge in manufacturing, ideally in a fresh food business.
A creative yet commercial mind set willing to challenge existing processes constantly seeking to
improve them. A proven ability to make complex processes simple and sustainable.
The candidate will be highly driven Group Business Development /Key Account Manager.
We are looking for a person with extensive knowledge in manufacturing, ideally in a fresh food or
food related business.
A creative yet commercial mind set willing to challenge existing processes
constantly seeking to improve them.
A proven ability to make complex processes simple and sustainable to assist the company to grow sales and increase profitability.
The Business Development/Account Managers responsibilities include building and strengthening
internal and external relationships, managing customer relations, and implementing strategies
designed to increase revenue and acquire new business opportunities.
You should also be able to collaborate with the trading team to develop innovative category strategies.
To be successful as a Business Development/Account Manager, you should also be able to perform
detailed market research and analysis.
Ultimately, a top-performing Business Development/Account
Manager should be able to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs).
A key requirement in the role will be the ability deliver sales primarily with one of our key retail
customers but not exclusively.
This will involve developing and managing the strategy to ensure a focus on new business and profitability, while providing excellent customer service.
Business Development/Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the ‘new business’ acquisition and profitability with your key
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Customer Business Plans (JBP’s).
- Ownership and development of the strategy for the business performance to ensure the
KPI’s and SLAs are achieved
- Be the main point of contact for your accounts, developing and maintaining effective
relationships with the customer at all levels.
- Be pro-active in driving and identifying new business prospects and ensuring all sales and
revenue opportunities are explored and captured.
- Build and manage a short, medium- and long-term pipeline of realistic and credible
- Closely monitor the status of the pipeline and report on performance against all targets and
take responsibility for implementing corrective action plans where necessary.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities for the company.
- Working closely with the Trading team in collecting information to prepare proposals in
response to RFPs.
- Participation in Trade Shows to promote the business and create new sales opportunities.
- Provide accurate, timely and consistent reporting to management.
- Continual learning about the category, competitors, and the market.
- Ensure you are delivering a high level of service and suitably representing the company.
- Work effectively with other departments when handing over new clients, ensuring they are
fully briefed in all relevant information
- Work well within the team environment, offering support, coaching and shared learning.
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external sales and marketing
departments, vendors, distributors, and customers.
- Business Development/Account Manager Requirements:
- 5 + years of relevant experience within a sales or trading environment
- A proven track record of account management and achieving results.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Proven experience in sales, marketing, business development, and management.
Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong leadership & communication skills are essential as is the ability to work within a fluid,
fast paced environment.
- The person should have high levels of organisation skills, attention
to detail and be extremely process driven.
- Experience of working in a dynamic business, undergoing significant change is essential for
the success of this role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to adapt your style to suit
- An understanding of formal procurement / tender processes, and experience in proposal /
- A keen interest in industry developments and market intelligence to enable you to add real
value to the sales process
- Experience in the Fresh produce or FMCG industry would be a distinct advantage