Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a for a full-time Area Manager for a large company in Dublin
This is a full time permanent position covering the Area of Dublin
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer focused individual with an experience in the service industry.
The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of contracts on the day-to-day basis, to ensure the delivery of consistent and high standards across multiple client facilities. The main functions of this position are:
- Clients – to take full responsibility / ownership of the portfolio assigned and act as a first point of contact to our Clients Successful Area Manager will provide assistance to our Clients for all operational aspects of the work and build partnership, by driving consistent high standards, creating value for the customers. The main objective is contract retention and company growth.
- Staff – to provide support and guidance to the staff and manage them effectively to ensure they are fulfilling their duties in line with the expectations outlined.
- Office – work closely with all Departments within the company and maintain effective communication to ensure rapid response times to problems and issues which may arise.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
- build & maintain an excellent working relationship with Clients.
- monitor and maintain all contracts to company standards and within specification.
- ensure that cleaning specifications & excellent cleaning standards are delivered across all sites.
- ensure that Clients’ queries are dealt with effectively & promptly.
- identify areas of improvement and drive the changes when required.
- take responsibility for managing issues until satisfactory outcomes are achieved.
- support and improve results on poor performing contracts.
- carry out site visits to ensure the contracts are operating in line with agreed specifications and within budget frames.
- carry out regular site audits and take part in meetings when required.
- ensure all operational key performance indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreements are achieved.
- monitor and manage the supply of materials, consumables, equipment, site specific PPE and uniforms.
- review procedures and methodology regularly to maximise efficiencies.
- create and drive operational schedules to manage time effectively and maximise the use of resources available.
- identify new business opportunities.
Staff Management (Supervision and Development)
- create and maintain fair, harmonious and inclusive working environment.
- develop suitable, responsible and productive team, focused on delivery of consistently high standards.
- take responsibility for recruitment, induction training, development and performance management of the entire team assigned to the portfolio.
- assist in the site familiarisation process and deliver all aspects of the initial training to all newly employed staff.
- be proactive and lead the team to deliver excellence standards.
- coordinate and control the operational activities of the team.
- monitor the performance of the team on the day-to-day basis.
- manage performance effectively, including involvement in Disciplinary procedures when required in conjunction with HR team.
- manage attendance appropriately, provide staff to cover planned and unplanned absenteeism.
- identify training needs and deliver training as required, in line with company standards.
- complete annual staff appraisal in line with company policies.
- ensure compliance with industry specific legislation i.e. Working Time Act (rest periods, maximum working hours etc) and internal Company procedures and policies (Disciplinary Procedures, Equal Opportunities etc).
- provide support and guidance to your team and ensure you are approachable and contactable whilst on duty, and that plans are in place for emergencies / escalation out of hours or during any period of planned or unplanned absence.
Quality Management and Health and Safety
- promote Health and Safety culture across the portfolio of contracts to reduce / eliminate accidents / incidents.
- promote safe working environments.
- maintain up to date Site Folders.
- ensure staff are equipped with appropriate PPE and adequate equipment which allows to carry out work safely and efficiently.
- identify and assess risks and put measures in place to eliminate them in conjunction with H&S Department.
- deliver ongoing training for staff, including toolbox training.
- ensure that all company policies and procedures are always followed by all staff assigned to the portfolio.
- report all incidents, accidents and near-misses in line with Company and Clients’ policies.
- Assist HS Manager while investigating incidents /accidents, by Completing relevant forms and questionnaires, and take actions where improvements are required.
- ensure the fortnightly payroll runs smoothly and the team are paid correctly by inputting accurate information for the Payroll Department.
- ensure records are maintained including time and attendance, time sheets, minutes etc.
- ensure that all records relating to staff and employment, including vetting, references, authority to work (VISAs) are maintained and updated as necessary.
- submit relevant internal paperwork in a timely matter to ensure records related to both staff and contracts are up to date (PCS, SAS etc.).
- maintain the record of compliments and complaints.
- control stock of materials and consumables on site, order stock regularly to avoid shortages.
- randomly validate delivery dockets on site to ensure full orders were received and escalate escalate any discrepancies / shortages to relevant department.
- maintain holiday record / schedule across the portfolio, to ensure all positions are covered, there are no shortages of staff and service is delivered in line with the contract.
- manage the service delivery of all contracts in line with agreed budget.
Internal / Office:
- provide detailed and accurate information regarding ad hoc project works, additional requirements, quotations etc.
- support the growth of the Company by identifying opportunities, up-selling and cross-selling to customers and by passing on potential sales leads to Business Development Team.
- assist with any financial / sales queries on the existing portfolio (inc. credit notes).
- provide input to pricing reviews on clients’ contracts, including negotiations with clients regarding scope increases and decreases.
- assist HR Department with TUPE process when required.
- provide accurate information regarding any HR related issues to support HR.
- handle all staff disciplinary and grievances in line with company policy and in conjunction with the HR Department.
- identify training needs and coordinate ongoing training with Training Manager
Payroll And Finance
- assist Finance and Credit Control team in securing POs, chasing outstanding invoices etc.
- work closely with the Payroll Department to ensure the fortnightly payroll process runs smoothly.
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Career progression
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company events
- 2 years’ experience in service industry or contract cleaning industry.
- 2 years’ experience in supervising / managing teams.
- Full clean drivers’ licence.
- Eligibility to work in Ireland on F/T basis is essential.
- Excellent communication skills – written & spoken.
- Excellent PC skills (proficient user of Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Customer service skills and experience in client relationship management.
- Experience with reporting and performance management.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent problem – solving skills and ability to prioritise workload under pressure.
- Excellent supervisory skills – ability to motivate and support.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload under pressure.
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems and make operational decisions.
- Ability to take initiative, make decisions and demonstrate effective problem solving.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Professional appearance.