Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Freight Forwarder Road for a large company based in Kildare
This is an excellent opportunity to do well and join a large company
This is a Permanent Position
To meet and exceed customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo from A to B, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements. Maintain total operational control to ensure SLA / SOP’s are adhered to.
- Pro Active communication with Customer / Internal Customer Service Teams. Liaise with DSV offices / agents in Ireland and overseas.
- Book and engage Hauliers for international transport requirements.
- Negotiating rates as and when required. Book trailers / drivers with shipping lines through various online platforms.
- Preparation of documentation associated with all aspects of the transport function.
- Perform general administration duties, including invoicing, filing, queries, claims and cost checks in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Maintain regular visibility of all transports under your control.
- Be pro-active in managing and dealing with problems and day to day queries.
- Ensure revenue / profit guidelines are met in accordance with budgetary requirements.
- Be proficient and accurate issuing quotations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent problem solving, planning & organising skills.
- Excellent communication/telephone skills. Strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in freight forwarding environment essential.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment