Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Freight Forwarder for a large company based in Dublin Port
This is a Permanent position and an excellent opportunity to join a good company and grow within your Freight Career
The ideal candidate will have Import and Export experience
The main tasks of a freight forwarder will include:
- Organizing the shipment of goods (e.g. packing, mode of transport, best route)
- Negotiating terms of carriage with carriers, booking cargo space and making payments.
- Managing customs clearance procedures, transport documents and insurance paperwork.
- considering and planning the most effective route for freight
- organising the transportation of freight between intermediate destinations – cargo terminals, port facilities
- tracking the movement of freight using software and satellite technology
- reporting back to clients, keeping them up-to-date with the progress of goods
- deciding on the best way to package stock, taking into account factors such as weather, terrain and type of goods
- taking appropriate measures for the movement of delicate goods
- checking countries’ legal requirements to make sure all the appropriate documentation (eg insurance and customs forms) is filled out
- staying up-to-date with relevant political activities and legislation that might impact the transportation of freight
- organising payments or processes transactions on behalf of the client, such as freight charges.
- The bulk of the work is based around deep sea/short sea shipments and a mixture of import and exports.