Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller for a large company based in Bray
This is an exciting opportunity and a good chance to go up the ladder within a busy constantly growing company
If you are seeking autonomy excitement and growth, then this role is defiantly for you!
- To contribute overall to the development and growth of the SBU including involvement in implementation & monitoring of a Business Plan for the SBU to include Direct & Indirect Budgets.
- Management of Costs and Maximisation of Profit for the SBU in line with Group requirements.
- To ensure management receive timely and accurate Management Reports and to have overall Financial Accounting Control within the SBU.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of Financial Accounting & Commercial Policies, Procedures and Systems.
- To ensure all Third Party relationships are maintained in a professional manner, Responsibility for payroll for the company.
- To provide ad hoc commercial support when necessary.
- To build a Team in stages and Manage your Team in full as The Financial Controller
- Responsibilities will be split across Accounting and Project Controls within the Finance Team.
- To Grow your Team in accordance to requirements and needs of the business.
- You will be responsible for your team therefore you will work alongside the Group Financial Manager and HR and be supported when required on your Teams growth, Disciplinary, Reporting, holiday request and so on.
- Meet with Group Financial Manager and Management Team each quarter to discuss future plans in the business and personal growth in time according to the business, day to day plans of the Operation and personal performance.
- Development & Growth of the SBU.
- Direct / Indirect Budget Setting & Sign off annually.
- Report to Management of the SBU on performance against the Business Plan and its budget.
- To provide guidance to all staff of the SBIJ on commercial and financial matters and set professional standards that will act as an example to others.
- Management of Costs and Maximisation of Profits.
- Validation of Cost Control Sheet
- Review commercial terms of contracts and report on same.
- Ensure all costs are managed in line with CCS.
- Ensure creditors terms are in line with CCS and are met.
- Ensure earliest possible invoicing and subsequent collection of the funds.
- Monthly review of all costs with a view to eliminating unnecessary costs
- To ensure the accurate monitoring and control of overheads in particular, telephones/fax/internet, stationary, computer maintenance, etc
- Ensure company policy with respect to expense reimbursement is adhered to.
- Ensure company obtains value for money for all services.
- Preparation of monthly and year to date management accounts within 6 working days after month end.
- Costing report by Project, by team and by SBU
- Preparation of cash flow every two weeks (available every second Monday morning) by Project, team and SBU.
- Preparation of weekly debtors, creditors and sales by Project, team and SBU every Monday morning.
- Executive Summary of monthly accounts to be prepared with the monthly accounts.
- Preparation of annual financial accounts and preparation of schedules for audit.
- To be the financial system administrator and controller for the SBU.
- Work with team leaders and Group Financial Manager to define financial and commercial policies and procedures for the SBU.
- To monitor adherence to the above policies.
- To provide exception reports to the SBU Management and Financial Controller/Directors.
- To assist in ensuring that policies, procedures and systems are updated and to a high standard and world-class quality.
- Ensure all government and statutory reports are kept up to date and correctly returned, namely, preliminary annual tax return, final corporation tax return and compulsory statistical returns.
- Develop positive relationships with all stakeholders of the company including creditors, banks, debtors, potential suppliers, and clients and will go out to meetings and events when required.
- To deal with commercial queries and provide ad hoc commercial support e.g. in the establishment of oversees companies along with new ideas that you may want to implement to our business.
- Financial Controller will be reporting to the Group Financial Accountant and to the Operations Manager of the SBU.