Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Environmental, Health & Safety professional for a large company based in D 22
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as an EHS Professional
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large company and gain a long-term role
Duties will include
• Accountable for all aspects of environmental, H&S activities and maintaining highest possible standards.
• Ensure all tasks are to ensure optimum output.
- Addressing environmental and H&S incidents in an urgent manner with practical solutions
- Maintaining accurate records in line with licence requirements
- Maintaining and ensuring continuous improvement of environmental compliance in all areas of the business
- Maintaining and ensuring continuous improvement of H&S compliance in all areas of the business
- Monitor daily KPIs in line with environmental management system as per ISO 140001
- Prepare weekly summary of environmental targets and potential issues. Prioritise by urgency.
- Maintain strong relationships with EPA, HSA, HSE, NWCPO, TFS and relevant county councils whilst representing the best interests of the Company
- Monitor and report day to day activities
- Effectively communicate environmental requirements to management team and colleagues through meetings and toolbox talks
- Maintain ISO accreditation with regular monitoring and feedback
- Maintain knowledge of the waste industry’s best practice and other environmental standards
- Keep up to date with current affairs in waste industry & BAT (Best available technology) updates
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- Understand the job description acts as a guide to the duties and responsibilities and is not exhaustive.
- Agree to undertake any other duties deemed reasonable by the management
- EHS qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role
- IOSH & NEBOSH would be an advantage
- Minimum 1 year experience with a regulatory body and Eden portal
- Track record of creating SOPs, corrective actions, monitoring reports, trouble shooting out of spec results, root cause analysis etc.
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Proficient in MS 365
- Full driver’s licence required