Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Customs Compliance Manager for a large company based in Dublin North
This is an excellent opportunity to really excel within your own role and career
As Customs Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and monitoring customs compliance across the customs team. You will be the point of contact for customs knowledge, queries and compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the in-house expert on all customs-related matters.
- Build relationships and contacts within relevant customs departments.
- Identify gaps, investigate queries, and provide feedback to customs team.
- Develop an understanding of new customs requirements, document, and communicate these across the team.
- Roll out training of new requirements as required.
- Work with customs management team to ensure processes compliant with customs requirements.
- Control compliance of common transit consignments, both national and international.
- Management of all paperwork required to allow the company to operate on behalf of customers (direct representation, permission to use deferment facilities etc.).
- Liaise with customs authorities, both in regard to clearance queries and subsequent audits.
- Be responsible for the control and update of all changes to the customs code.
- Anticipate risks and delays and inform relevant stakeholders to identify solutions and mitigate actions.
- Collaborate with customs, operational teams in Ireland and the UK and the Brexit team to develop common standards, share learnings and improvements on ways of working.
- Manage the auditing process within the Customs team.
- Ensure internal auditing is carried out and reported weekly.
- Ensure re-training is carried out and signed off by customs personnel.
- Work closely with the customs office manager to roll out training of new requirements as required.
- Ensure customs clearance procedures are adhered to covering UK, IE, EU and TSS.
- Ensure customs operators are following work instructions to ensure all customs systems requirements are being met.
- Work with warehouse and administration operational teams to ensure customs compliance.
- Support the daily management and release of the goods under customs control.
- Daily engagement with customs at the port to release trailers.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- In depth knowledge of customs clearance requirements and procedures.
- 3+ years’ experience delivering customer service in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Excellent understanding of supply chains and of the freight forwarding area.
- Motivated, results driven self-starter.
- Strong organisation and communication skills.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional attention to detail, awareness of deadlines and time management.
- Strong knowledge of customs systems, requirements, and query resolution.