Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a CREOSOTE PLANT OPERATOR for a large company based in Kildare
This is a Permanent postion and an opportunity to grow within a large company
To operate creosote and maintain treatment plant and systems safely to achieve effective treatment of timber. To support the development of 5S and maintenance systems within the plant.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, and Experience Required
- Experience of working with hand tools, both electrical and pneumatic
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications
- Good understanding of health & safety practices within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team to deliver end result
- Ability to work to deadlines ensuring quality of end product
- Attention to detail essential
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and a flexible approach
- Ability to operate pressure treatment plant & steam system
- Must be self-motivated
- Previous experience within manufacturing industry an advantage
- Ability to follow basic operating procedures, and use of improvement tools
Key Results Areas
You will be required to:
- Effectively operate creosote treatment plant system
- Complete extensive maintenance to plant system
- Supports team members in maintenance of site housekeeping standards
- Observe Company Health and Safety procedures
- Assist with the Company stock takes when required
- Complete any relevant training activity for core skills, own role and multi-skilling
- Demonstrate flexibility and team-working in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the overall business
- Ensure correct and appropriate PPE is used for the task at hand, and that it is in good condition.
- Will be required to work on an alternating shift rota to maintain 24 hour cover, and or a reasonable amount of overtime as and when necessary.
- Maintain 5S housekeeping standard across entirety of creosote plant, plant room, and bunds.
- Completion of safety checks for the tools being used as required.
- Assist team members on site in clean-up/spills when required or as they occur.
- Take core samples from each charge, as per quality schedule, & report any damaged poles/product to Quality Manager and Production Supervisor.
- Document and sign-off on daily maintenance checks of plant and equipment.
- Any other task within your scope of experience and competence as considered necessary by your manager.
This list is not exclusive – other reasonable duties and projects may be assigned from time to time.
Communication and Working Relationships
|Internal: Management Team, Colleagues
Dimensions and Decision Making
- As agreed by Line Manager