Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager for a large company in Dublin working within the Isle of Ireland and UK
This role will be 75% based in the isle of Ireland and 25% travel to the UK
This is an excellent opportunity for someone in the medical field to join a large company and have a long-term career
The role will be developing business within Ireland and the UK , someone who has a demonstrable experience selling medical devices to original equipment manufacturers and someone who has a real passion to grow and develop buisness with good strong Customer relations
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is tasked with identifying and developing sales strategies to proactively uncover and win new profitable business in the assigned territory, region, product line or market.
The primary target customer categories include but not limited to Medical Device OEMs, Contract Manufacturers, Design Firms and Startup companies. In addition to this, the BDM will pursue, uncover, qualify and win new business opportunities linked to assigned market target packages as well as other strategic initiatives.
The BDM will take the time to understand the client’s individual needs then tailor their offering to the client’s circumstances, never relying on a generic ‘one size fits all’ sales approach paying special attention to uncovering the client’s problems then providing a consultative solution utilizing our entire suite of capabilities.
The BDM must have in-depth knowledge of the entire strategic package of capabilities, systems and solutions as well as the ability to translate this into the company’s value propositions.
Building trust and relationships with the most influential decision makers across all functions including key executive stakeholders is essential.
The BDM will be responsible for new business tasks associated with the sales process from lead generation to the first purchase order including supply agreement negotiation as well as an emphasis on Sales Force opportunity diligence and accuracy.
This position will work closely together with our internal cross-functional teams and will work very closely with the customer success teams across multiple sites.
The BDM will be primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned territory, product line or market goals and objectives in terms of gross sales, increasing market share for strategic products and capabilities identified as well as new customer acquisition.
The BDM will remain tied to our existing customer base business and gross sales through collaboration with our customer success team, but the goals and objectives will be heavily weighted toward new business development.
The BDM will also monitor the competitive environment and adjust territory selling and business strategies accordingly.
The BDM will collaborate with marketing to assist in the development of advertising and promotional programs, telemarketing plans and tradeshow participation necessary to achieve product line sales objectives.
The BDM will maintain effective communication with BU management, staff, customers and prospect base working with manufacturing operations to provide accurate and timely information regarding customer
demand to support new sales (new customer acquisition and new sales from existing customers) as well as service objectives.
The primary role of the BDM from a high level will be business development (selling) to new and existing customers.
Functions will include:
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Manage assigned territory, region, product line or market to meet/exceed business objectives including gross sales and profitability with an emphasis on new customer and opportunity acquisition, and a profitable new opportunity revenue stream linked to the business strategy using a solutions-selling, disciplined sales process from initial research to lead generation through creation of and managing opportunities to the first purchase order. Territory may be a combination of key accounts, select markets and / or geography.
- This role will be responsible for negotiating supply agreements for new business opportunities working closely with the Director of Supply Chain and applicable Region Business Development Manager to ensure the contract takes into account new and existing business as necessary. This role will ensure confidentiality agreements are in place before entering such discussions requiring IP protection.
- OPPORTUNITY TRACKING, DILIGIENCE AND REPORTING: Sales Force opportunity timely entry, tracking, accuracy and diligence is essential throughout the sales process. Reporting on progress toward goals and objectives via various forms of communication including Sales Force, reporting, recurring business development meetings tracking new business pipeline development, etc. Author applicable reports (e.g. monthly pipeline reports, expense reports, trip reports, etc.) to support the activities associated with new business development.
- IDEA GENERATION: Identify new opportunities, markets or technology trends via the collection of competitive information and market research/prior knowledge to support idea generation for market penetration, new products or services. Provide application knowledge, industry expertise, and manage sales activities according to a solutions selling process (Customer-Centric Selling/New Product Blueprinting).
- MARKETING SUPPORT: Collaborate with marketing to assist in the development of advertising and promotional programs. Participate in Trade Shows and other events as necessary. Provide Voice of the customer feedback (VOC) on value propositions and unmet customer / market needs to aid in the development / refinement of the Medical Components market strategy.
- EXISTING BUSINESS SUPPORT: Work closely with manufacturing operations team to provide new and existing business support on an as needed basis. Need will be identified by the Customer Success Manager. (For EMEA based BDMs, local language support may also be required).
- TRAINING / PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT: Annual multi-functional training (ie. Quality & Regulatory training), BOOST, sales training, product/capabilities training, driving safety training, other people development training, etc.
- SAFETY: Safety role model and participate in Safety Events as outlined in the annual safety objective