Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Assistant Transport Manager for a large Distribution Team based in D 15
This is a full time Permanent position and a fantastic opportunity to work with a great company.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8 am – 5 pm , there may be flexibility needed on busy times as part of the role
The successful candidate will play an essential role in a large fast paced operation
- Support the Transport Manager and the Distribution team in scheduling runs and field capacity management
- Support the management of all delivery team personnel including but not limited to absence & resource planning and performance
- Ensure delivery teams are running at optimum capacity.
- Review current mapping of routes and propose changes and communicate as required.
- Printing and distribution of all scheduling master sheets
- One of the points of contact for any delivery issues, liaising with all operational areas and customers as required.
- Print delivery and transfer dockets and pass to the delivery teams as appropriate
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all delivery vehicles supported by the Transport Manager
- Responsible for the maintenance, monitoring and reporting of tracking system (Vanguarder). Review and analysis of results, feedback to driver group and any remedial action required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role or supervisory role with people management experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and database management
- An excellent mentor with a history of developing people.
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent reporting ability
- Ability to make data driven decisions
- Numerically and Analytically minded
- The company is dynamic and expanding
- Fun, fast paced & high energy work environment
- Culture of developing and promoting from within the company
- Generous staff discounts
- Pension Scheme
- Operates an attractive bonus scheme.
- Corporate rate Healthcare.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our Continuous Professional Development
- Our Education support Programme
- Our Bonus Scheme