Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Accountant for a large company based in Cork
This is a Permanent position and a great opportunity to work for a large company and join a fantastic team
This is a senior accounting position reporting directly to the General Manager and Group Financial Controller.
The candidate will be responsible and accountable for the financial management and control of the day to day finances of the company
The individual will work in conjunction with the General Manager at a senior capacity in the role
Duties will include monitoring and implementing systems to constantly improve and develop department standards in relation to controls in terms of stock and cash, together with ongoing monitoring and analysis in terms of costings and margins.
In addition, the role incorporates responsibility for payroll preparation and completion in conjunction with Timepoint Management and the sign off of same on a weekly basis. The role is solely responsible for providing effective operational financial and commercial support to the Hotel General Manager and management team (HOD’s) thus enabling better management and business results. Specific duties include:
- Accounts to Trial balance
- Debtors ledger and credit control
- Creditors ledger
- Accruals and prepayments
- Responsible for month end management accounts and preparation of month end journal
- Analysing and reconciling balance sheets
- Prepare and Process payroll
- Timepoint management
- Prepare VAT and PAYE
- Oversight of the fixed asset register
- Preferably Hotel Experience in a Senior Accounts Role – 3 years or similar?
- Part Qualified/Qualified Accountant (CIMA) or equivalent
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Good Team Player – Able to see big picture in decision making and respect other areas
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent skills in relation to Excel and reporting in general
- Ability to work effectively as a Head Of Department and motivate team to develop