Impulse Recruitment are currently recruiting A Customs Clearance Agent for a large company based in Co Dublin
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic team and go further in your customs career
You will be part of a newly established team reporting directly to in-house Customs Experts.
You will be responsible for supporting the team in processing all customs shipments documentation and reviewing and resolving customs related queries.
All customs administrative tasks must be completed efficiently and accurately to ensure first in class service is not impacted.
(A level of flexibility will be required in this role, especially whilst developing the team and during periods of training which are expected to be Monday –Friday).
Hours are Monday to Friday 8 30 am start – 5 30 pm
Duties and Responsibilities
• Completing and validating documentation
• Updating internal system
• Compliance control
• Liaising with carriers & customers for shipping information & documentation
• Support the freight forwarders in gathering information or other duties
• Import & Export customs entries
• Creating invoices for month end billing for customers
• Completing ISD’s (Import Simplified Documents) on behalf of carriers
• Validating ISD’s received from carriers
• Compiling Import Simplified ISD’s onto Access database
• Declaring End of Month bulk entries
• Complete reporting customer & Revenue
• Assist in follow up Compliance Testing
• Freight Forwarding support
• Interface with Carriers and Information providers to ensure all required information is
Provide completed documentation to Customer
• Assist in Customer documentation testing where applicable.
• Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis when requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of 6 months in a Freight Forwarding operation
• Have or are working towards a qualification in Customs Clearance (advantage)
• Excellent organisational skills and capable of working at fast pace
• Strong PC Skills such as Excel / Word & PowerPoint
• Excellent level of English Oral and Written is required
• Professional and focussed approach with a high level to attention and detail
• Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures in tight timelines
• Customer focussed with desire for strive for excellence
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude and highly ambitious approach
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting
• Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional Communication skills